These are never breaking news stories but rather some of the deepest thinkers and smartest minds from the world of technology and social media, offering their thoughts and views regarding the biggest stories of the week.
You won?t make it through them all in one sitting but it?ll bring you up to speed with this week?s happenings. So just sit back, grab a coffee and enjoy.
- A requiem for RIM & what made it unique to other smartphones.
- Why startups shouldn?t try to pull an ?Instagram?.
- How much does Wall Street hate Google?s stock-split plan.
- Why iTunes? problem mirrors the problems Windows Vista faced and why Apple should take heed.
- Is TV ready for its iPhone moment?
- How social currency is driving identity, trust and new industries.
- Love ?em or hate ?em, comments are critical to media success in a social world.
- How is Facebook?s new advertising business coming along? Really, really well!
- Screw TVs ? Why isn?t Apple building a smartwatch?
- How can Yahoo revive its fortunes?
- Why Pinterest and Amazon are a match made in affiliate heaven.
- The secrets behind the Tupac Coachella Hologram.
- Why mobile app Path is no Instagram.
- Arianna Huffington?s 7-year quest for Pulitzer-worthy Journalism.
- How long will it be until mobile payments hit the mainstream?
- Why Google+ isn?t just a social network but something else entirely.
- The secret to Facebook?s success: Virality.
- What people don?t get about Microsoft.
- The rise of the niche social network.
- The Facebook effect: Timeline app developers rule the app store.
- Why Redbull uses social media to get new customers (instead of only advertising).
- Is LinkedIn Today the perfect morning newspaper?
- Can you share too much information online? No (if you?re a business)!
- How Tumblr plans to attract brands and their money.
- The reasons why Branchout is not a LinkedIn killer.
In the Netherlands, not only can electric scooters be environmentally friendly, but it turns out that the engine noises required for them presents a unique advertising opportunity as Donimo?s Pizza found out.